Plant selection and supply service, Dublin
We love a 'blank slate', and have seen many of them over the years. An expanse of soil, a blank surface of paving, a series of empty beds, a spanking new garden that is in need of greenery. We can select and source almost any plant, from perennials and grasses to mature trees, shrubs and screening plants. We purchase from dozens of nurseries in Ireland and abroad, always seeking quality and value.
For 20 years we have been selecting and supplying plants in the Dublin area. We have worked with architects and designers, as well as home and business owners, creating innumerable green spaces. We have selected and supplied plants for everything from hotels, museums and offices to cafés, community centres and private gardens. Our knowledge of plants stretches to the rare and hard-to-find, and we know what grows best where. Most of our planting schemes have something unusual that you won't see elsewhere.
Our speciality has always been plants and soft landscaping. We choose plants that thrive in the Irish climate, many of which are grown in Irish nurseries. With fewer 'road miles' behind them, our plants are fresh, hardy and reliable. You'll see a cross-section of our stock in our Monkstown shop, but for bespoke planting schemes we can supply an exceptionally wide range of plants that you don't see in our shops.
If you have a requirement for plants, let us know. You may have done renovations or bought a new home with no plants at all. You may want to block a view or increase your privacy. You could be a business looking to bring greenery inside or outside your premises... there is no place that should be without plants.
- Send us a brief description of your requirements . Please use the Contact form so that we have a record of your name, phone number and email.
- We will reply to you within 1-3 working days.
- If it's a project we can help with, we will arrange a site visit to assess what your requirements are. PLease note, we are not visiting to offer extensice garden design advice, though we will use our judgement to make the best suggestions.
- This visitgi ves us the opportunity to understand what your project involves and to create a plant list suitable for your requirements.
- Based on our visit, we will send you a list of suggested plants, along with costs. The cost of plants is determined by specifications such as height, container size, maturity etc. There is always room to increase or decrease the cost of plants by changing the specifications.
- Please note, we do not purchase plants based on lists supplied by others.
- Additionally, we can specify and source other items such as topsoil, soil improvers, roll-out grass, garden furniture, planters etc.
- All prices include VAT and delivery.
- We also provide a laying-out / plant placement service. Please talk to us about pricing.
- We can suggest gardeners and landscapers to assist with your project if needed.
- In some cases we offer a planting service. We can only offer this service in our local area and for plants that we have specified and supplied ourselves. Please talk to us about pricing.
Before and after photos of gardens planted by Howbert & Mays
See what a difference plants make. Below are just a few examples of gardens where we have selected, supplied and laid out plants.
Dublin 4 garden before, during and after planting
Monkstown coastal garden before and after planting
Monkstown front garden before and after planting
Dublin 4 garden before and after planting
Seaside garden before and after planting
Dalkey garden before and after planting, Co Dublin
Ranelagh garden before and after planting
Dublin city garden before, during and after planting
Large private garden before and after planting
Wicklow garden before and after planting
Ranelagh garden after planting
Blackrock garden before and after planting
Front garden in Ranelagh, before and after planting.