Roll out grass / lawn turf / grass sods
Roll-out grass sod is the fast & economical way to instal a new lawn. Easy as a DIY job. Efficient delivery to your garden (counties Dublin, Kildare, Meath and Wicklow) is €30 per order, including soil etc. Our grass sods are freshly cut to your order, locally-grown, weed free, well-fertilised and top quality.
- Soil should be freshly dug, raked, firmed and smoothed.
- Remove large roots, particularly tap-rooted weeds such as dock & dandelion.
- You can add organic soil improver or fertiliser, which encourages deeper roots, better drainage and a healthier lawn.
- To adjust levels and if soil is poor, rake on a layer of of soil & compost blend.
- If your garden is damp, to adjust levels and improve lawn durability, rake a thin layer of rootzone mix onto the soil.
- Roll out the sods, starting at the back and working forward.
- Butt them firmly together so that they fit snugly snugly.
- If it's dry weather, water well after laying.
- Try not to walk on your new lawn for at least one week.
- You can cut the grass (high setting) after 10-14 days and lower the mower for subsequent cuts.
- You can feed the lawn with an organic lawn feed after 10-12 weeks.
Each sod is 1 square yard. Sod dimension is approx 406mm wide x 2067mm long x 13mm deep. Note: measure your lawn in metres. Multiply the square metres by 1.2 to calculate the number of square yards you require.
Minimum order 20 yards. Delivery in counties Dublin, Wicklow & Kildare only. Delivery generally takes 3-4 days, maximum one week in peak season.