Roll out grass sods / lawn turf, delivery in the Dublin region
Sept 2023: Back in stock! Locally grown, freshly cut in the morning before delivery to you. Delivery only to counties Dublin, Kildare, Meath & Wicklow. Efficient delivery to your garden is only €30 per order. You can add topsoil, topsoil mixes, rootzone or any other bulk items at no extra delivery charge. Minimum order 20 yards. Not in stock in our shops - delivery only.
Tips for establishing a roll out lawn with grass sods.
- Soil should be freshly dug, raked, firmed & smoothed.
- Remove large roots, particularly tap-rooted weeds such as dock & dandelion.
- You can add organic soil improver or fertiliser to your soil before laying.
- To adjust levels, or if soil is poor, rake on a layer of of soil & compost blend.
- If your soil is damp, to adjust levels and improve durability, rake on a thin layer of sand and soil rootzone mix.
- Roll out the sods, starting at the back and working forward.
- Fit them firmly together end-to-end.
- If it's dry weather, water well after laying.
- Try not to walk on your new lawn for at least a week.
- You can cut the grass (high setting) after 10-14 days and lower the mower for subsequent cuts.
- You can feed the lawn with an nitrogen-based feed after 10-12 weeks.
Sod dimension approx 406mm wide x 2067mm long (1 square yard). Sods have a thickness of approx 13mm. Note: measure your lawn in metres. Multiply the square metres by 1.2 to calculate the number of square yards you require.
Delivery generally takes 3-5 days, up to one week in peak season.